22 marzo, 2011

2D So, because, but, although

a 2 d because 3j so 4a so 5i but 6h because 7e although 8b although 9f but 10c so
b 2 although  3 but  4 so 5because 6 but 7 but 8 so 9 but 10 because 11 although.

Read the text and choose the correct linking word or phrase for each gap.

AND    AS SOON AS    WHEN    WHILE   SO    BUT    THEN
It was very windy when I set off from the airport last Monday morning. The sky was full of dark clouds and soon it started to rain heavily. What a great way to start a holiday!
   While I was driving to the airport, the storm got worse. Suddenly, a huge flash of lightning struck a tree. It came crashing down just meters in front of my car. The fallen tree completely blocked the road, so I was stuck. I tried to call the emergency services on my mobile, but the line was dead.
   I was positive that I'd miss my plane, so I turned on the radio and tried to get used to the idea. Soon there was a loud knock at the window. To my surprise it was a young man in leather clothes, "Need a ride?" he said. My plane was leaving in an hour so I didn't think twice. I grabbed my bags, climbed carefully onto the motorcycle and shouted urgently, "To the airport please!"
   It was my first time on a motorcycle so I was terrified. The young man drove so fast that I kept my eyes tightly shut all the way. Suddenly, the motorcycle came to a halt. "We're here!" he said. I looked at my watch and saw that I was just in time for my flight. The young man wished me a nice trip, then quickly sped away.
   As soon as my plane took off, I breathed a huge sigh of relief. I could now relax and enjoy holiday.

No hay comentarios: