06 noviembre, 2013

Answer Greetings from San Francisco

Hi Virginia and Lena,
Sorry I haven’t been in touch recently. I‘ve been intending to write to you for ages, but I’ve been so busy studying for my exams that I haven’t had time to do anything else for weeks now. I really am fed up with it!

However, as soon as the exams are over, I’m planning to spend a couple of weeks on a beach somewhere. Because --I’ve been studying so hard, I haven’t had time to go out and I’ve managed to save up a bit of money. I’m thinking of going to Thailand actually. You have both been there, haven’t you? Do you remember the names of any cheap hotels in Bangkok, and is it a good idea to book a room before I go? Do you think two weeks is enough time to see the place?

Despite the exams, I am still really enjoying being here in San Francisco. It’s a great city with lots to do. It’s really clean, relaxed and very cosmopolitan. There are some excellent shops and ----most things are much cheaper than back home. My apartment overlooks the bay and you can see the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz, the famous prison, from my bedroom window. I visited the prison a few days ago actually. Everything there is exactly the same as the day they stopped using it as a prison. Did you know the gangster Al Capone spent ten years there? Apparently, the worst thing about being there was that in the evenings, they used to be able to hear laughter and parties from the mainland. With all the work I’m doing at the moment I know that feeling!

Anyway, time to do more studying – if only I had worked harder earlier in the course! Please write back soon and tell me all the latest news. I miss you lots.
Love,
Marcella xxxxxx

I recently visited Thailand...
1 would 2 due 3 before 4 last 5 that 6 plenty 7 my 8 however 9 quite 10 insisted 11 me 12 out 13 although 14 finally 15 which 16 as 17 it 18 all 19 least 20 only.

No hay comentarios: