06 diciembre, 2018

LOOK BACK Unit 3


NARRATIVE TENSES

1A
1 was 2 ’d lived/’d been living 3 was falling 4 hadn’t painted 5 looked 6 walked 7 was always working 8 always said 9 was coming 10 ’d never walked 11 looked 12 saw 13 was watching 14 ’d been watching 15 came.

SAYINGS

2A
1 Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
2 When in Rome do as the Romans do.
3 Once bitten, twice shy.
4 What goes around comes around.
5 Every cloud has a silver lining.

ADJECTIVES FOR STORIES

3A
1 dramatic, intense, remarkable 2 hilarious, incredible.
3 poignant, moving, inspiring.

I WISH, IF ONLY

4A
1 I had travelled more when I was younger.
2 my friends would really listen to me.
3 my partner liked the same kinds of music as me. ( would like is
wrong here because it’s a state verb)
4 I had finished university.
5 would thank me for things/sometimes.
6 I could afford a new car.

EXPRESSING LIKES AND DISLIKES

5A
1 What 2 that 3 thing 4 get 5 fan 6 stand

No hay comentarios: